Monday, January 19, 2009

Welcome!

My husband and I moved from the Washington, D.C., area to Eugene, Oregon, last fall. Thankfully, I was able to retain my job as a magazine editor for EARTH (www.earthmagazine.org), so I manage the magazine and my staff from 3,000 miles away. Work is busy, but good.

Life is also busy but good. I've enjoyed our time in Eugene, hiking the hills, exploring the town's offerings -- everything from the bike trails to the Saturday market to the wineries. I've also made a special point to try out as many restaurants as I can while I'm here. And that brings me to the purpose of this blog. I wanted to offer my thoughts -- for whatever you may think they're worth -- on the cuisine of Eugene.

So far, I've probably tried 15-20 restaurants with varying degrees of success. I'll try to go back and fill in my thoughts on the ones I have already tried, and of course update this with each new restaurant I try. Bear with me. Although I understand that food and tastes are highly subjective, I have pretty strong opinions on what makes good food and good service -- I'll be offering them here. Take them or leave them, or send me a note and tell me why you agree or disagree with me. I'm open to discussion.

No comments:

Post a Comment